Admission is non-discriminatory and based on the educational concepts of Dr. Maria Montessori. Children between the ages of 2¾ and 6 years of age will be considered for enrollment upon receipt of a completed application form accompanied by the registration fee.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
Primary Program (Ages 2¾ – 6)*:
- Children must be between ages 2¾ and 4 prior to September 1.
- Children must be toilet trained. Occasional accidents are to be expected, but frequent accidents should not be the rule. Pull-ups or diapers are not allowed.
- Children should be able to separate from their parents within a reasonable amount of time.
- If a child has previous school experience, copies of records must be provided.
- Children older than 4 years of age will be considered for admission after June 1st.
Kindergarten Program (Ages 5-6)*:
- Children must be 5 prior to September 1.
- Children should have at least one year of Montessori experience in an AMS or AMI School.
- Copies of records must be provided.
- Children without prior Montessori experience will be considered for admission after June 15.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- All children are expected to visit the school with their parents or guardians and take part in a pre-admission interview to determine readiness and placement. At that time, the student will work briefly with a teacher in the classroom.
- Any educational/psychological/developmental testing must be submitted prior to admission.
- Education for all children will be within the parameters of the Montessori philosophy.
- All new and interested students:
- Students who are currently enrolled at Monarch Montessori School have first priority until March 15th by submitting a completed re-registration form, a signed contract and paying the $200.00 registration fee and $300 materials/technology fee.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of formerly enrolled students and students who are transferring from another Montessori school may register beginning March 15th by following the application process above and submitting a completed registration form, a signed contract and required fees.
- New students may register beginning April 1st following the application and registration processes above.
Acceptance decisions are made once the majority of the interviews have been completed. We will contact you as soon as possible. Students in category #2 and #3 will receive registration forms and a contract at that time. Acceptance must be made within 7 days to guarantee your space. Parents will be given health, immunization and emergency forms to complete after signed contracts are received.